Discovered over 30 years ago, exosomes were originally thought to have no therapeutic relationship.
Recently, they have generated immense interest in the scientific world as mediators of intercellular communication, capable of delivering functional proteins, mRNA transcripts and miRNAs to cells throughout the body.
In addition, there is accumulating evidence suggesting that exosomes contribute to the development of several neurodegenerative disorders including Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease as well as being essential to the inflammatory cascade associated with traumatic brain injuries including stroke. The importance of exosomes in brain communication and neuropathogenesis provides a new approach for multiple novel therapeutic strategies.
The neural stem cell-derived exosomes we harvest from our proprietary manufacturing process have demonstrated the ability to:
- Reduce inflammation and enhance neural function
- Cross the blood brain barrier non-invasively to reach site of injury
- Enable multiple intravenous (IV) dosing without adverse response
- Improve motor function and behavioral outcomes
- Treatment greatly reduces hemorrhaging within 24 hours post injury
Leveraging these insights and the natural profiles of exosomes, we are developing a versatile therapeutic platform for a variety of indications including CNS and neurodegenerative disorders.
To review our active programs, visit the programs page.